Sometimes, if you own a small business and you use your vehicle for your own personal use, then a personal insurance policy with business or artisan use is usually all you need for California commercial auto insurance coverage.
That said, if you operate vehicles to transport products or people, require high liability insurance, haul equipment, or have other similar special needs, then a commercial auto insurance policy is probably best for you. A commercial auto insurance policy covers certain legal liability resulting from bodily injury or property damage caused by the vehicles used in your business.
At TCS Insurance Brokers, we provide California commercial auto insurance for almost any type of business or commercial use. We work directly with multiple carriers to make sure you get the best coverage’s and rates for your business.
Vehicles and Trailers Commercial Insurance Typically Covers
At TCS Insurance, our commercial insurance policies cover a great number of vehicles and trailers including:
- Mini Van
- Full Size Van
- Step Van (<10,000 GVW)
- Delivery Van (>10,000 GVW)
Trucks (up to 66,000 GVW) that are eligible for Commercial Auto Insurance
- Pickup Truck (2×4)
- Pickup Truck (4×4)
- Pickup Truck (5th wheel)
- Catering Truck
- Straight Truck
- Flatbed Truck
- Stake Body Truck
- Refrigerated Truck
- Dump Truck
- Tank Truck
- Tractor Cab (Cab only)
Trailers that are eligible for Commercial Auto Insurance
- Utility Trailer (up to 12 feet)
- Utility Trailer (greater than 12 feet)
- Dry Freight Trailer
- Refrigerated Dry Freight Trailer
- Dump Trailer
- Flatbed Trailer
- Livestock Trailer
- Other Trailer
What Does California Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Commercial auto insurance, like your personal auto policy, provides similar coverages such as liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments (or personal injury protection) and uninsured motorist’s coverage.
However, there are also differences between a commercial auto insurance policy and your personal auto insurance policy that may include eligibility, definitions, coverages, exclusions and limits.
Most commercial auto policies are “named driver only” policies, meaning only those drivers listed on the policy can operate a covered auto. However, there are carriers that allow for endorsements to allow coverage to newly hired drivers.
What are some of the commercial auto insurance coverage options TCS Insurance provides?
- Bodily injury liability coverage – This coverage pays when you are legally liable for causing bodily injury to another person.
- Property damage liability coverage – This coverage provides protection if your commercial vehicle accidentally damages another person’s property.
- Combined single limit – Liability policies typically offer separate limits that apply to bodily injury claims for property damage. A combined single limits policy has the same dollar amount per covered occurrence whether bodily injury or property damage, occurs to one person or several.
- Medical Payments or Personal Injury – This coverage usually pays for the medical expenses of the driver and passengers in your commercial vehicle incurred as a result of a covered accident regardless of fault.
- Uninsured motorist coverage – This coverage pays for your injuries, and in some cases, certain property damage caused by the uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. This is for cases where the at fault driver has insufficient insurance.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage – This coverage pays for damage to or replacement of your commercial vehicle from theft, vandalism, flood, fire and other covered perils.
- Collision coverage – The policy pays for damage to your commercial vehicle from collision or upset regardless of fault, subject to your deductible.
California Business/Commercial Insurance TCS Insurance Brokers Provides
In addition to commercial auto insurance, you can rely on TCS Insurance for other insurance related to your business:
*Information on some items listed above may not be on our website. Please call for more details. *
© 2014 Domingo Ramos Total Client Satisfaction Insurance Brokers 894 W. 11th. St. | Tracy, CA 95376 Questions? Call (209) 207-0577 or (866) 968-8393